How to Create Visually Stunning Social Media Graphics for Your Business
Are you new to marketing online or maybe you have a personal brand and want to really “wow” and “attract” your audience with stunning social media graphics?
Whatever the reason, it’s useful to be able to pop together your brand images when you feel inspired.
Let’s face it, you don’t want to be calling your graphic designer every time you have a promotion or an inspirational quote you want to put on social media.
When I first started my second clothing brand 8 years ago, I was excited but I sure didn’t know what I was doing when it came to creating stunning social media graphics.
I could sense online marketing was about to blow up. I could see Facebook becoming a huge opportunity to build a loyal audience. But it was a noisy place (and it still is).
I knew I had to step up my game and create visuals that would cause people to notice and stop scrolling!! Including stunning social media graphics that popped made a huge difference for my bottom line. The brighter more amazing the image, the higher the sales, simple.
And here’s what I’ve learnt over the past few years having created thousands of stunning social media graphics.
5 Ways to Start Making Stunning Social Media Graphics for Your Business
- Keep the word “consistent” in your mind at all times. You want your audience to notice and know your content right away in the news feed. I see so many online business owners putting random images up daily. If you think about it, you probably follow and interact with the businesses more often who have a very recognizable look, style and color for content in the news feed. It’s human nature to be attracted to people who seem familiar visually and consistent with brand colors, graphics and art. When I create Brand Art for online entrepreneurs everything has a theme visually. The color, the graphics and the styles stay the same!!
- Do your research. If you want to dazzle your audience ask them what images, shapes and colors they love. Or do some competition research, what is your competition doing, what are they using visually. If you do your research you will also be able to find out pretty quickly what you love and what is aligned with your branding.
- Deciding your fonts and graphics is a huge step towards making visually stunning images for social media. One thing I have noticed when doing Intuitive Brand Art sessions is some business owners are generally indecisive. But the longer you take to decide on your branding the longer it will take you to start making a serious impact online. Think about this for a moment, once you decide you don’t have to think about it anymore and you can get back to working and doing what you love.
- Outsource graphic design and brand styling if you need to. Depending on your team and your business you may need to outsource the graphics part. Not everyone is a graphic or visual genius. And some people spend so much time get frustrated with tech graphic stuff, they are better off outsourcing this entire thing all together and that is ok. I do recommend learning easy like Canva to overlay your text though, unless you create your content a year in advance. You will want to be able to write your own stuff on top of the graphics.
- Too many words or multiple colors in your font can cause someone to scroll by your content. If something is visually “busy” can be overwhelming for the reader. Less is more, less words, less pictures, keep things simple when creating your graphics. Remember when you are overlaying font onto your images, one or two short sentences is the best option. People are more likely to read something if you keep it less stimulating to the eye. That being said, a pop of color like red or hot pink always grabs attention in the news feed.
5 Steps of Action You Can Take This Week to Get your Visual Branding Mojo with Stunning Social Media Graphics in High Gear.
- Try playing around in Canva, no pressure, try having some fun with it, see what you come up with. Or if you are feeling extra adventurous, try Photoshop, my personal favorite!
- Go onto Pinterest and search for keywords, like branding, personal branding, business branding. Start an “inspiration” board.
- Look around the web and decide what fonts you like and what fonts might work for you and your business. A great place to look for fonts is CreativeMarket.com
- Take a look at your social media platforms, are all your banners matching and looking beautiful? If someone found you on Twitter and then later saw you on Facebook, would they recognize you?
- Book a session with someone like me, to get hyper clear on your vision. I am an “Intuitive Brand Artist” and love connecting with people who want to create epic visuals for personal brands. Click here for more details.
Thank you for reading.
I hope you found this useful and if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or book some time with me.